Sunday, June 14, 2009

One Week to Ironman!

My training is mostly done, and now I'm to the waiting part. I've done what I can, and now I just need to wait for the day to arrive. I have very mixed emotions about the whole thing. I'm excited and nervous about the race, and I'm happy and sad it will all be over. I'm also very relieved that I'm still healthy and uninjured up to this point. Lets pray I can stay that way for another week!

Pete and I had a discussion yesterday about what we will do next. What we've decided is to pick one Olympic distance tri to do a year, then only spend 3 months training for it so that we can spend the rest of the year enjoying other things like rock climbing, mountain biking and trail running or whatever we want to do. I'm excited for this, and think it is a great plan! We're also thinking about squeezing a baby in there somewhere. We'll see how I feel in a few weeks!

Since there is just one more week left before I go through what I'm sure will be the longest day of my life, I'd like to take this chance to beg and plead with you, again, for Against Malaria.

If you've thought about donating, and just haven't had time, I would LOVE it if you could do it this week! Help me get 140 nets! If you have $5 to spare, please buy a net with it - it could save someone's life! Do it right now, before you get doing something else and forget about it (I know that's what I would do). Please. http://againstmalaria.com/colleensironman Just click on the "Sponsor Now" button. 

I had an awesome race yesterday, and don't worry, I'll tell you all about it! Tomorrow. Right now it's almost 10:30 and I'm heading to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, I've been thinking about you all weekend, I can't wait to hear all about the Ironman (and your race this weekend). I think your plan for the future is great, too :)

    ReplyDelete