Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Packing it up

I got 4 donations today for Against Malaria! Yeah! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Shane and Heather, April, Shane and Molly and Justin! You guys are all so wonderful! Also, thank you facebook for helping out with getting these donations!

If you want to donate, and haven't had the chance, don't worry, you still can! :) Here's the link: http://againstmalaria.com/colleensironman Tell your friends!

This morning my training plan said to do the following:
S: warm up 5 minutes, 6 x 50 fast!, cool down 5 minutes
B: warm up 5 minutes, 5 x 2 minute fast!, cool down 5 minutes
R: warm up 5 minutes, 5 x 1 minute fast!, cool down 5 minutes 
My feet were still hurting a little so I didn't want to run, and I didn't really want to get my bike out just to ride for 20 minutes so I just did the swim.

I dropped all three kids off at the daycare and did my quick little swim. I did 6 laps to warm up, then I did my 50s between 45 and 50 seconds each, and did 6 more laps to cool down. It was fun and easy which was good since I'm still recovering from Saturday. I was also glad to not leave the kids in the daycare for longer than an hour because with all three of them in there, it sure racks up the money.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house, packing and basically trying to get everything ready for Coeur d'Alene. The kids kept asking if it was time to leave yet. They are so excited for our trip! We leave at 6 am tomorrow. Hopefully the kids will sleep for a couple hours before we have to stop for breakfast. It's almost a 10 hour drive so we'll see how that goes.

I've checked the weather up there several times today, and it looks like it will be perfect, high 70s - low 80s, except for the 30% chance of rain and "Isolated T-storms" on race day! That was the report for BAM too, and it turned out perfectly so I'm keeping my hopes up. I will be packing my rain jacket though.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to see if I could make a donation.It asked me which country I am from. I selected India, but then nothing happened. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have something for you on my blog! You have been tagged! Do come and visit my blog if you have some time to spare

    ReplyDelete