Thursday, June 18, 2009

This is gonna be hard!

I took my dad on a little 20 minute, scenic bike ride today. We went 6 miles and that was enough for him. That made me feel good at least. 

When we got back, Pete and went out and rode 30 miles of the course. That's more than half of the loop that I get to do twice on Sunday. It was ridiculously (Pete's word, I like it) beautiful! Tree-filled hillsides overlooking the beautiful Coeur d'Alene Lake. The weather was perfect and it felt so good to just feel the wind on my face.  We just took it really easy and enjoyed being out on a bike ride together. We haven't been out together since we rode Antelope Island, but that was with friends. The last time we just did a ride together was in St. George back in January. 

It was fun, but it was really hilly! It was a big eye opener about how hard it's going to be. Little Red Riding Hood is easy-peasy compared to this! Pete kept telling me to just take it easy, and to not burn up all my matches, and he gave me pointers on what to do at different sections. It was really good to have him there with me, I think I'm better prepared now. I just need to focus on finishing, and not trying to be fast. I had my speed race last weekend. This one is my distance race.

No comments:

Post a Comment