Monday, March 15, 2010

Sick Again?

I haven't been very good about blogging this last week. I've been really busy, and haven't had much computer time. On top of that, this week was kind of a flop workout-wise because I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like I was relapsing back into my cold. Dang it! I thought I was over that!

I took Wednesday off just to be safe, and I was still feeling a little sick on Thursday, but I didn't really have a lot of time to workout that day anyway since I was going with Mindy's class on their field trip. More like following along actually. I had Elle with me, and she ended up being too little to go on the bus so I had to follow the bus up to the University and pay 5 bucks for parking. It was kind of annoying, and I felt bad because Elle was so excited about going on the bus, but at least we got to go and she ended up having fun anyway.

I did do a swim on Tuesday where I did 2 6x100 intervals averaging about 1:45, and an easy trainer ride on Friday for an hour. Then I did my long run on Saturday that went really well. I was a bit sore this weekend from that, but I was feeling pretty good this morning to do my 4 mile run today. Well, I was feeling pretty good considering we're still adjusting to daylight savings time change. Yuck. I hate changing the time forward. The kids had a really hard time getting up this morning too, and it didn't help that I had turned the heater off yesterday because it was too hot when I was getting ready for church. Mindy was just sobbing and I was trying to get her to hurry so she wouldn't be late for school. Poor girl. I need to try to be a nicer person in the mornings... I hate mornings!

I went back to bed for a few minutes after dropping the kids off, then Elle and I went to the gym and I did my run on the treadmill.

Total Distance: 4 miles
Total Time: 40:45
Intervals: 3 x 2:00 @ 7:47 pace (ouch!)

The first interval wasn't too bad, but by the time I finished the last one I had to stop and walk for a minute, and get a drink. Then I finished out the 4 miles nice and slow.

I looked at the clock when I got done and I had a lot of time until 11:00 when the chid care closes so I just went a head and did some weight training, crunches, pushups and planks. I thought I had like half an hour to spare when I got done, but then I looked up at the clock and it said 11:30! Then I look over and the lady from the child care was walking towards me. Oops! I told her I was so sorry, and she said that she had just barely come in a few minutes ago and had them check their clocks because they hadn't changed them yet! So I wasn't really going crazy! Luckily, the ladies at the childcare are really nice. I felt so bad! It was nice to actually get my weight training in, though!

This afternoon, I took my sister to Salt Lake Running Company so she could get some new shoes. She ended up getting a bunch of stuff (like socks, sports bra, shorts, nike+, GU) and spending around $200 (something I'm tempted to do every time I go in there!), but I think she'll be a LOT more comfortable now, and more prepared for our next long run. I'm excited for her!

While we were there, I had them film my feet running on their treadmill to see how I'm doing with my form. I think I looked pretty good. My gait looks pretty neutral. My left foot was landing really good, but my right foot did land on the heel sometimes. Not every time. So, I just need to focus on that right foot a little better. It's weird because it's the right calf that's the most sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment