Saturday, April 2, 2011

The 10k That Wasn't

This morning I headed out on my run first thing in the morning. Well, second thing, after feeding George.

I drove up to my old 10k route from last February that I did in 55:14. I ended up messing up on the route because once I got to the top of the hill at the 1.5 mile mark, I had to turn around and run back down to the bathrooms. Then I ran back up and tried to figure out where my new turn around point would be, but I didn't get it quite right because by the time I got back to the car, I was only at like 5.75 so I ran past the car a little and turned around too soon again, and ended up just stopping at 6 miles since my knee was hurting It was also just taking a long time, and I was worried about George getting hungry again. I mean, it took me a really long time! It seems like I left home at a little after 8 and it was almost 10 when I got done.

Total Distance: 6.01 miles
Total Time: 01:12:08
Average Pace: 12:00 min/mi
Best Pace: 8:15 min/mi

Again, I need to remind myself that it's ok if I'm way slower than I used to be. By body is just not used to running any more at all. It's frustrating, but it's ok. Every time someone passed me (which happened a lot) I told myself that they probably didn't have a baby 2 months ago and tried not to worry about it. My legs feel good, but my knee hurts so I'm icing it right now.

For the rest of the day we watched General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It will be going on again tomorrow from 10-12 then again from 2-4 MST, and you can stream it live from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment