Thursday, April 14, 2011

Off Schedule

Our schedules were a little messed up this morning. George woke up at 4am so I didn't dare go swimming at 6 (when the pool opens) because I was worried he would wake up hungry before I got home. It's a good thing I didn't go because he did end up waking up at 6:45 so I would have probably been in the middle of my swim.

I was bad this morning and made Banana Oat Muffins for breakfast. They were so good though! Usually I want some carbs before my workout, and usually that's oatmeal when it's still dark out, then I make eggs or something like that for everyone when I get home. But carbs it was this morning, and no one was complaining. Here's the recipe. I used a little less sugar, 2 bananas, apple sauce instead of vegetable oil and about a cup of mini chocolate chips (yeah, that was the bad part...and the good part!).

I asked my friend to watch Elle and George for me while I went swimming, and luckily she was able to do it on such short notice! Elle had a great time over there, and George ended up sleeping most of the time until just before I got back when he squirted her while she was changing him! Oops! Thank you so much, Rebecca!

My swim workout was awesome! It was the first real workout I've done for my half ironman training plan, which is from the same site I got my full ironman training plan from. It was fun to have a real workout to do instead of just going to the pool and splashing around for half an hour. Here's what I did:

Warmup: 4 x 75 with the last 25 of each backstroke
Main: 3 x 400 starting easy and getting harder/faster with each one
Cool down: 150 easy

My first 400 was nice and easy, and it took me about 8:04
The second one too me 7:55 so at first I thought I'd shoot for 7:30 for the next one, but then I though, "Now let's be realistic" and decided to go for 7:40. Guess how fast I did it, though!?
My third 400 took me exactly 7:30!

Yay! I love having goals and meeting them! It doesn't matter if it's in a single workout, a day, a training period or a year, meeting your goals is awesome!

Total time: 35-40 minutes
Total distance: 1650 yards

When I got home I got on the trainer after having a quick Mix1, and did an easy ride for 45 minutes. That's workout #2 on my training plan! I'm just ticking them off. :)

George was awesome, he just sat there and watched me ride my bike for half the time, then fell asleep. What a great boy. I was starving when I got done too! I'm used to having a second breakfast between those two workouts (at about 7:30) then lunch right on time (about noon) when I'm done. Today I only had one small breakfast and didn't get to lunch until around 1:00.

It sure is a lot harder to plan my workouts around George's eating/sleeping schedule, but it's totally worth it. I'm so glad I have him.


Today Pete thanked me for making him lunch while he was busy with work, telling me it was too much trouble for me. I told him that feeding the ones I love is what I live for. I was almost just saying that, but then I realized that it's true. Training is fun and important to me, but taking care of my family is much more important. I'm so grateful that I'm able to do both most days, and for the people who help me be able to do it. Thank you!

PS - I made peanut butter and honey carmel popcorn tonight, and it's to die for. I can't stop eating it! Must. Put it. Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment