Friday, April 8, 2011

Bake Me a Cake... or Three

I was afraid when I posted about how awesome a sleeper George is that it would jinx me. Sure enough, he woke up at 2 this morning. Then he slept until 6:30 when I was planning on getting up at 5:30 to get in a nice leisurely trip to the grocery store without kids. Instead I ended up having a hurried trip to the store with Elle and George to just get enough food for breakfast and lunches and cakes.

That's right, I said cakes. :)

Anyway, we got home in time to have a smoothie and some eggs (I just had a smoothie) before I took the kids to school. George had just fallen back to sleep when I took them so when I got home I hurried and got ready to run, put a movie on for Elle (Pete was still sleeping) and headed to the gym since it was way to wet/snowy/cold for me to dare run outside.

Today was my long run day and I was supposed to run 6 miles. After about 3 miles on the treadmill, I wanted to kill myself so I moved to the track for the next 3. I was worried about counting laps for 3 miles because it's 15 laps per mile, but then I remembered my phone has a stopwatch with a lap counter on it so I just used that. I had to do 45 laps. Ug. But when I got about to lap 12, I got a text from Pete saying that George had been crying since 8:30 and that the heater was broken so "please come home when you're done with your run." It was now almost 9:30 so poor George must have woken up right after I left! Well, I couldn't just let him cry for probably 25 more minutes so I just stopped when I finished that mile.

I got a total of about 4 miles in today. I'm a little worried about this since I'm supposed to run 8 miles next week, but I just couldn't go back out after getting home and feeding George. I had cakes to make!

It's Ethan's birthday on Monday, but we're celebrating it today and tomorrow. We were going to have a party this afternoon with his friends from school, a party this evening with some of our friends, then a party tomorrow with my family so I made 3 kinds of cakes/cupcakes:

Red Velvet Cake with mini chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting
and Lemon Cake with cream cheese frosting for tomorrow (can't wait to taste it!)

No one ended up coming to the afternoon party because we didn't invite very many kids, and we didn't give them much notice. Ethan only told me he wanted to do it a few days ago. I had just been planning on the the Heber party. Am I a failure as a mother? *sigh* Anyways, we ended up having a really fun party tonight with friends so I don't think he's too sad about it. Plus, he got a new bike!

Here's me and my friend, Sara. Our babies were due on the exact same day, but neither of them got the cool birthday of 1/11/11. Her baby was born about 3 weeks before George, and look how tiny she is!

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely not a failure as a mother. I love how you give it your best and you put your family first. Plus I love how your posts are so real.

    ReplyDelete