Sunday, May 3, 2009

7 Weeks to Ironman

I can't believe that it's already May! That means that the Ironman is next month! That is just crazy.

I love what my training plan says for this week:
Approaching peak hours! You are now turning into an endurance beast. Allow yourself a little grin of accomplishment while thinking back at all the work you've put in over the past few months. Now, get back in the pool, we've got work to do...

Key sessions this week are a long swim on Monday and bike on Sunday.
I don't know what I'm going to do because I'm going to miss my long bike by doing the St. George Triathlon on Saturday instead. I'm thinking about riding afterwards or something. I could probably do that, the race will only be about 3 hours long (hopefully).

Today church was really good. I was called to teach the 9 - 11 year old primary kids. I really enjoyed being able to go to relief society for 3 weeks and I'm kind of sad to be leaving it again, but it will be good. We taught the primary kids in one class younger that this when we were in Heber. They were great. Our class here is much smaller, there were only 3 kids there today. I will be teaching them next week the day after we get back from St. George. Should be fun!

1 comment: