Monday, May 18, 2009

Extreme Ice Cream


I was so good for the longset time (ok maybe a week or two) about not eating very many refined carbs, and I hardly had any sugar. Well, the past little while I've just kind of been eating whatever I want. I've made a cake the past two weekends, and had ice cream almost every day. It's pathetic. I thought I was getting used to not eating so much junk food. I kind of blame it on being too busy to sit down and write a good shopping list and think up a healthy menu for the week so I end up not having anything good around the house. That doesn't really explain the ice cream, though. 

Have you ever had Extreme Moose Tracks? Here's the description: "Rich chocolate ice cream with Moose Tracks® fudge-filled cups and famous Moose Tracks® fudge" Oh yum. Don't ever try this kind because you'll never be able to give it up or go back to regular ice cream flavors. Even Moose Tracks sounds so plain now. How can you just eat Moose Tracks when you could have Extreme Moose Tracks?! 

And what is it about getting my kids to bed that makes me want to eat junk food? It's almost automatic for me to start looking around the kitchen for something good to eat once the kids are asleep, and that can be for nap time or bedtime. So here I am, at 1:14 pm, sitting around with a bowl of Extreme Moose Tracks.

I'd say that I'm going to try to be better, but I haven't decided if I want to be better or not yet. Isn't that terrible? Ok, I do want to be better. I will try to cut down on the refined stuff, but I'm not going to cut my Extreme Moose Tracks no matter what you say.


I did workout today, though. Here's what my training plan said:
S: long day
wu: 200swim, 200kick, 200pull, 200swim
main: 1900 ladder. Do a set of 300, then 275, 250, etc…until 25
10 x 100 (descend 1-5, 6-10)
cd: 4 x 50, each slower than last

Everyone was really sleepy this morning, so Mindy, Elle and I just had oatmeal together. Then I took Mindy to school and came back to get Ethan and take Pete to work. I also had to run to the store for bread, milk and eggs because there was nothing to eat for breakfast (other than oatmeal and I didn't really want to make it again for some boys who wouldn't even want it). Of course, Pete just ended up eating chocolate cake so I don't know why I bothered, and now I'm going to be singing, "Dad is great, he gave us chocolate cake!" all day long. To be fair, though, I he didn't give the kids cake for breakfast, he just had it himself.

Anyway, I didn't get to the pool until an hour later than usual. My workout was scheduled to take 90 minutes, and I didn't really have that much time since I would have to take Ethan to school. Once I got done with the ladder, I just skipped the 100s and did the cooldown. Even just doing that, my shoulders got pretty sore! In fact, I'm still feeling it. What's the deal with that?

We hurried home and had some sandwiches before I took Ethan to school. I'm getting this entry done now so I can go to bed early tonight. I plan on waking up at 4:30 tomorrow so I can get my whole swim/bike workout in before school/work. Let's just see if I can pull that off! See you tomorrow, I'm off to do the dishes! No more ice cream, Colleen!

6 comments:

  1. I found the best mix for oatmeal cookies! It's mostly organic and heart healthy! It's from the Lehi mills or something like that. They taste so YUMMY! But now I want ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, when I was training for my Ironman, I remember being able to eat everything in site! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that, Heather. :) I'll have to watch for that oatmeal cookie mix. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill, hey thanks for the comment! I always love a fresh face - er, name. That's the problem, I don't want to get too much in the habit of eating whatever I want, what will happen when I'm not training 15 hours a week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that was the whole point of the crazy exercise, you can eat what you want and still look good. I say enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, if you insist, I will. (as I'm munching on animal cookies)

    ReplyDelete