Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to the grind sttone

That long weekend sure made it feel like summer! It was kind of hard to go back to our daily rutine of school and work and training. I got up at 7, had a banana and headed out for my bike ride:
Bike: 75 minutes tempo
Wu: 10 spinning at RPE 3
main: 7x (5t,3r) 5t at RPE5, 3r at RPE2
cd: continue cool down until 75 minutes are up. RPE 2
I tried to keep my heart-rate up above 150 on the intervals , but it was surprizingly hard. It's kind of weird because I kept my heart-rate above 160 for the whole St. George Tri (uhh, duo). I guess I just didn't have any motivation this morning. 

Total Time: 1:18
Total Distance: 19.9
Average Speed: 15.5

I really thought I could do a short tempo workout faster than 15.5 mph. What a disapointment. Of course, I did stop to try and fill my tire up half way because it was getting really low and I was getting worried. I thought it would be good to try my CO2 gun again so I will know how to use it in an emergency. Well, it's a good thing this wasn't an emergency because I did it wrong again. I just can't figure out how to use that dang thing! I'm thinking about buying one like that other lady had that just screws on to the top.

I used the rest of the morning to mow the back yard. Elle then slept the entire time Ethan was in school, and I totaly wasted that time. 

When Pete got home, he did 15x intervals and fell over on his bike. Ouch. I hate it when that happens!  He didn't get hurt too bad, though. Luckily.

My friend, Rachel, posted about Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies today. Are you kidding me?! That's all I could think about today. I told myself I would wait to make them for a special occasion, or at least wait until the weekend, but that didn't happen. I made them while Pete was out riding, making dinner later than usual. They are so good! I ate way too much dough before dinner, then I ate way too much dinner. We had Hasselback potatoes which were also a huge hit!

I took time to read the kids their books for bed, and let my food digest a little, then got out on my run by 8:00.

Run: 45 minute easy run at RPE 3

It was supposed to be easy, but I didn't wear my heart-rate monitor and I think I ran harder than easy. It was a little hard, plus I still don't have any music on my ipod so I was running without music which is harder. The loop I did took exactly 45 minutes, though. I'm getting pretty good at figuring out routes for myself!

Total time:45 minutes
Total distance: 4.1 miles (what?? That should have felt way easier!)
Average speed: 10.98 minute miles

Oh well, it was supposed to be an easy run right? Actually, the reason it felt so hard is that I had to pee towards the end, even though I went right before I left. I hate that, it just ruins the whole running experience for me! Anyone else have that problem?

Ok, time to go fold laundry. . . and have one more cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment