Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Barrel Racing

This morning I decided to just do my swim workout so that I wouldn't rush it and cut it short again. I'll do running tonight. 

Again, I forgot my plan so I used my photographic memory to see what I needed to do, and you know what? It actually worked! Here's what I did:
Warm up: 4 x 75, last 25 in each is backstroke. 
(I hate backstroke, I always get water in my nose!)

Main: 3 x 400, each one a little harder. 
(The weird thing about this is that, though I was pushing harder at the end, it was actually harder for me at the beginning because I wasn't warmed up yet or I wasn't in my groove or something yet. By the end, I was having fun just flying through the water. I probably pushed a little harder than I was supposed to.)

Cool down: 100 easy with every other 25 being backstroke. 
(My plan says 150 easy, but I'd say I did pretty good at remembering everything!)
After my workout, I just had a drink of water, and half of a waffle with butter on it when I got home.

On my way home from the gym, I was a couple cars behind a guy who hit one of those construction barrels with is right side-view mirror. I couldn't believe how much it shattered, and how high it flew into the air. It actually took me a minute to realize what was going on when I saw all this debrey flying in front of me. Pretty crazy. It was an old man too, and I felt sorry for him. It was one of those instances where something happens so suddenly, then it's gone. He doesn't have a right side-view mirror anymore. Of course, just because I felt sorry for him, didn't mean I wanted to drive close to him anymore. 


Note to self: Do not hit those construction barrels when you're going 65 mph. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment