Thursday, February 12, 2009

Night Rider

Surprise, surprise, I didn't end up going swimming last night. I was feeling really tired and sore when the evening came around, plus Pete was going to need the car. He reassured me that I am doing really well with my training so it's ok to miss a workout. I ended up staying home and frosting heart cookies!

Today, I decided to try something new and do my trainer ride after the kids were in bed so that I wouldn't have to rush to pick Ethan up from school afterwards. Instead of riding during Elle's nap, then, I spent an hour taping and mudding our downstairs bathroom that is still recovering from a small flood. We will get it finished someday! I actually don't mind doing the work - it's even kind of fun - but I just don't have tons of time to be spending on it.

I don't know if it was worth it to wait until the kids were in bed to ride because I never want to workout in the evenings. (Remember last night?) This is supposed to be my time to just relax a little. But I did do it! Yeah!

My training plan says:
Bike: 55 minutes, on trainer if possible:
Warmup: 10: at RPE 2-3 (RPE is kind of the difficulty level between 1 and 10)
Main: 4 x (8:00 at RPE 4-5 fast spinning, 2:00 at RPE 2)
Cool down: 5:00 work down to RPE3 then RPE2 to finish
I don't know how I could work down to RPE3 if I'm finishing out the set at RPE2, but whatever. I just basically did a 7 minute cool down.

I made myself a bottle of Gatorade to drink every 10 minutes, and this time I only used one scoop. It wasn't as bad, but I still don't like it. It will do, though. I'd hate to waist it. Besides, Pete said that they had Gatorade at every transition in the IM so I should probably get used to it right?

When I got done, I made some Recoverite and stretched then took a bath for WAY too long. I was reading my book about the Donnor Party, and it was just so nice to sit and read, I haven't done that in a long time. I couldn't believe it was 11:00 when I got out! And I was thinking about waking up early for swimming tomorrow. I should be asleep right now!

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment