Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nurse Colleen

I hate to say it, but I did nothing in the way of Ironman training today. If you missed yesterday's crazy-super-long post (sorry about that), Pete broke his collar bone yesterday in a mountain biking crash. On top of that Mindy threw-up first thing this morning so she did not go to school. This was kind of good because I had to run across town to pick up Pete's pain meds as soon as I got up, and I didn't really have to hurry back. 

I spent today playing nurse and getting the house clean (it was a mess from our crazy day yesterday). Pete found this little video that explains how to break while turning, and I thought it would be a good thing to put on here (for all my die-hard mountain biking readers - though I think it would be good to know for any kind of biking):


So, be careful out there everyone! I know I'll be a lot more careful on my cornering. 

Mindy is feeling much better after a day of resting and watching movies, but Pete's not feeling too great. We think the Lortabs he's on are making him nauseous. Either that or he's got whatever Mindy had. Whatever it is, it's not fun, and I didn't want to leave him alone with the kids, even after they were in bed, to go do my long run. I will do it tomorrow morning. 

Tomorrow we also get to go in for the surgical consult so that should be exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, it sounds like you guys are having a FUN day! Big hugs to you all, I sure hope Pete is feeling a bit more comfortable soon and that Mindy recovers quickly (and no one else catches the bug, especially you, "Nurse!").

    ReplyDelete