Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our House

...is a very, very, very fine house.

This morning it snowed again and I really wanted to get a current snowy picture, so here you go. I'm trying to notice the beauty of winter since I hate pretty much everything else about it.

Today felt a little more laid back than yesterday. I was able to get the house pretty much cleaned up, and that's always nice. Also, notice the nicely shoveled sidewalk?

My plan for today said:
Bike: 60 minutes road or trainer, like last week this is all small chainring work (uh, what?), low effort. 
Like I could even do an hour on the small chainring. Boring! Actually, I didn't realize that's what it said until just now. 

I just did 55 minutes on the trainer because I wanted time to stretch before picking Ethan up. Yeah, I cut it that close. I didn't have it on a super easy gear, but I didn't touch the hardest gears either. I tried to keep my cadence at 90 - 95 the whole time.

I promised a picture of my new seat (it's the one with white on it):

I'd like to say that I got on my bike today with this new saddle and just felt like I was sitting on a cushion, but that wouldn't be completely true. It was still uncomfortable, a little painful even, but I think it felt more manageable because the pain is in a different place. It seems like I should be able to get used to it, or at least put up with it better than the old saddle.  I hope I made the right choice.

I made myself a bottle of Gatorade to drink while riding because that's all our ghetto Smith's had. I usually get Power-aid, and I usually do two scoops per bottle so I just did that with the Gatorade. WAY to strong. I felt almost like I had to chew it, and I wasn't looking forward to it every 10 minutes when I took my sips. Next time I will just do one scoop.

Tonight I went grocery shopping with my friend, Ann, and she's looking at buying a house in Sugarhouse. That is a really cool part of town where Pete and I had originally wanted to get a house, but it was too expensive. Now, lucky for them, the house prices are going down so it looks like they might be able to get into that cool neighborhood. I'm so jealous, so I just need to keep reminding myself how great our house is and that we like our neighborhood and not think about what might have been. I just need to be happy for her, and I am. Plus, look how nice our street is:

Now I have that song in my head! "Our house is a very, very, very fine house...."

No comments:

Post a Comment