Monday, February 9, 2009

Mondays Are Too Much



This morning big, beautiful, fluffy snowflakes were falling from the sky. Here is Elle in our backyard on the way to take Mindy to school. I guess all the talk about snow in Heber yesterday made Salt Lake jealous. :)

I went to the gym today and started out with a run. Here is what my training plan says:
Run: 45 minutes. 10 minute warm up, then do 20 second strides before returning to RPE 3 pace. Repeat strides every 5 minutes.
I would like to say that, doing the strides, I was able to be faster than my usual 10-minute mile, but I was at almost exactly 4.5 miles when my watch hit 45 minutes. I pushed it pretty hard on the strides, but I did try to take it easy and keep my heart-rate down otherwise.

After my run, I got a drink of water, stretched really good, got another drink of water, and headed to the pool. Here's what my plan said to do:
Swim: speed day.
Warmup: 300 continuous. concentrate on form weakness.
Main: 10 x 100 descend 1-5 and 5-10.
Cool down: 200 continuous, alternate 50 kick, 50 swim.
I did my 100s (that's 2 laps remember) at 2:00, 1:55, 1:50, 1:45 and 1:40. I did this twice, and I wasn't always exactly on those times, but I was pretty darn close! When I came up after my second 5 and saw that I had made it on 1:40, I just had to smile.  The lifeguards probably think I'm a little loony. I was pretty happy with how it went. It was a good, hard workout. 

When I got home, I made quesadillas for the myself and the kids, and I drank a recoverite before taking a quick shower and getting Ethan to school right on time.

Then, I went with Pete to pick up his new suit, then he wanted lunch at Pei Wei, but I just had a lettuce wrap to share with Elle. I dropped him off at work just in time to pick Ethan and Mindy up, then it was home to do homework before taking Mindy to ballet. After that, I hadn't made dinner so we went out for family night to Simply Thai (oh, man, they need a new website though!) all the way down at 106th S. It is the most delicious place. If you're ever in the area, you've got to try it out. So good. The owner does a lot of the cooking herself and she comes out to greet all the guests. She makes the best coconut ice cream too! Yum! Last time we were there, we had a really big group and she gave it to us for free because we had to wait so long. We didn't have any tonight, though, because Elle was getting too restless. We stopped at Iceberg on the way home for ice cream cones, and boy did that little girl make a mess! The  kids went to bed like little angels when we got home. That's the nice thing about a busy day.

Today was just a little too busy, though. I've hardly had any time to be at home and relax. Plus my legs are sore from my run, and I'm just really tired. 

Mondays are always such a shock after enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday. The alarm goes off Monday morning and it's just, BOOM! Back to work and school and training and ballet and family night..... It was a little worse than usual today, though. I need to make sure to plan a crockpot dinner next week.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Monday's are hard. I always have such a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Shane's alarm goes off at 4:30 and we both just moan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I don't know how you do it at 4:30! 7:00 seems way too early as it is!

    ReplyDelete