Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to the Grindstone

Or, in my case, back to the pool. I started swimming again this morning, and I was a little nervous because I’m not quite feeling 100%. Pete reminded me to take it easy, so I just did drills for half an hour. I felt good, though. I had to stop and cough a couple times, but I didn’t feel too laggy or anything.


I’m trying to bring my stroke count down because I know I”m faster when I do fewer strokes, but I just can’t keep it up for more than a few laps. I did 6x6s and pull buoy with paddles and I just tried counting my strokes and focusing on making each stroke count. I was able to do 6 1-minute laps at the end of my workout without too much trouble. I know that’s not too fast, but I’m also working on being consistent.


Then I had to rush home because Pete was there with the kids, and he needed to get to work. He ended up being a little late. Oops. I think I’m going to start going at 6am. Yuck. It’s hard enough getting up at 7:30 to get Mindy to school, and it’s busier at 6:30. That’s ok, I can make it work.


It’s always interesting to go to the gym in January and see the parking lot packed, when just a month ago, it wasn’t half that full. I guess it’s a good thing that people are making New Years resolutions, but it kind of makes me sad that not everyone sticks to it. I hope they do this year. I hope I do too. :) Of course, I have to or I just might die in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment