Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just A Little Pain

So…I’m pretty sore. I can hardly walk. I always forget how running uses pretty much every muscle in your body, and when you haven’t been running for a while, then go run 3 miles pretty hard, those muscles are not going to be happy with you.


I went swimming this morning, and it helped loosen me up just a little bit. I ended up not having as much time as I would have liked (notice a trend here?) because I had to get Ethan to preschool, so I swam for about half an hour. I did 7 laps on the 1:00, but each lap was 55 seconds or under! I was pretty happy with that, even if I did rest for 5 seconds between laps. My first lap was 45 seconds, then 50, then 55 for the rest.


I took a little nap while Ethan was at school so that I don’t get burnt out. Then, I picked the kids up from school, we had a snack and did homework, I picked Pete up and we headed back to the gym. We deposited the kids in the day care there, then Pete and I went up to the track and ran 2 miles. He ended up doing his second mile on the treadmill, though, because the corners are too tight for him on the track. I still like the track better. It was a hard 2 miles because, like I said, I can hardly even walk. Plus I left my ipod in the car so it wasn’t as fun as last time, but it was ok.


I’m hoping in a week or two, I will stop being sore. Then I will probably add some ab work in because you’ve got to be sore right?

No comments:

Post a Comment