Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Training

I am officially “In training” for an Ironman.


It will be June 21, 2009 in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. Swim 2.4 Miles, Bike 112 Miles, and run 26.2 Miles. That’s all I have to be able to do.


I’ve been doing Triathlons for about 3 years now, and I am addicted. It started out with a Sprint in 2005 and 2006 at Jordanelle, then I did 4 more in 2007 (St. George, Echo, Spudman, Jordanelle). In 2008 I did my first real Olympic distance in the St. George Tri, and again at Echo. Please don’t remind me that I have never even done a half.


In July of 2008, my husband, Pete, did the Coeur d’Alene Ironman, and I watched it. Being there amidst all the excitement, and spending all day cheering myself hoarse, made me want to do it. I had already signed up for the St. George Marathon with my college roommate, Rachel, so I figured since I’m already doing that, now would be a good time. As I was considering signing up the next day, Pete’s friend called him and asked him if he should sign up. I said, “Tell him I’ll do it if he does it.” Of course, this wonderful friend went ahead and signed us up.


So I’m doing it, and my goal is to be faster than Pete. His times were: 1:32:12 swim, 7:53:19 bike, and 5:58 run with the total time at 15:44:48. That’s number 1796 out of 2058 people. Pete’s not doing it this year, he’s my coach.


I know, I’m crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment