Saturday, January 31, 2009

So tired, so tired

Today I did 3 hours on the trainer again. I don't know what I did differently, but I am so tired and sore tonight! Maybe it is the fact that last time I did the ride while the kids were asleep so I was able to just relax, drink my recoverite, eat my PB&J, take a bath, and go to bed afterwards.

Today I did the ride after I put Elle down for a nap at around 2. I tried putting my new stem on, only to find out, after I've taken my bike all apart, that it's too big. I will have to go exchange it. At least I was able to put it back together so I could still ride. (Mindy took this picture, I'm so proud.)



I watched Failure to Launch with Mindy and Ethan. Of all the things to ask me about while watching that movie, they would just ask me why the various animals kept biting him. Elle woke up around the time it ended, then we put in Holes, and Mindy was the only one to really sit and watch that with me. (Poor girl, now she's getting sick.) That's such a good move. An even greater book. You should read it if you haven't. 



I was amazed at how well Ethan and Elle just played, even though they did eat most of the fruit leather.... Elle didn't even have an accident! All day! Yay! I was worried she would while I was riding, but I think Ethan helped her remember to go potty while I was on the bike. 

I got off just in time for dinner in the crockpot to be done. It was Mole, which I didn't really like last time I ate it so I don't know what possessed me to make it. I just knew Pete liked it, and I thought he'd be home in time for dinner, but he wasn't. None of the kids liked it, and I didn't really love it, but I ate it anyway. There is a TON left so if you want some, come on over!

Pete got home at around 9, just before I finally got Elle to sleep. Now I am so tired and my legs are already sore. I wonder if it was not drinking the recoverite when I finished. I don't know. I can't imagine being on the bike for at least 2 times the time I did today. I hope I get used to it! I looked at saddles while I was in the bike shop yesterday, and the one the salesman recommended was almost $200! Would it even make that much of a difference? It didn't look too different than what I've got. Seriously, I need a nice padded one or something. I don't think a small, aerodynamic one is going to really help me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment