Sunday, March 15, 2009

14 Weeks to Ironman!

It just seems like time is flying by! We have raised enough money for 13 nets with Against Malaria! Wahoo! Can anyone help me add to that number? Click here if you want to help!
(See the comments section for this post if you're having trouble figuring out how to use their website. It is a little confusing.)

I was supposed to put in 14.5 training hours this week, and I only ended up doing 9.5 hours. What a slacker I was this week! 

I still kind of have that feeling like a cold is trying to catch up to me, but I'm doing my best not to let it! We're taking our vitamins every day and drinking a lot of orange juice. I'd like to try really hard not to miss any workouts net week. It is supposed to be 16 hours of training for the week, though 2 of those hours are on Sunday again. Since there is no rest day to trade these workouts with, I will probably just make my run longer on Saturday again and skip the bike on Sunday. So, I guess that will be 14.5 hours. This is what my training plan says for next week:
This week's intense effort will be in the pool and road on Thursday. Try to get them in back to back, swim then run if your schedule allows. Take fluids and gel with you on the run.

Remember the question from 2 weeks ago about nutrition? Have you made any changes yet?!
Um, no, I haven't really made any changes with my nutrition. I think I've been a little bit more conscious about it. That's a start. My eating today has been really good! I'd say I'm at a 9 so far. I haven't had dinner yet, though.

Tomorrow is my long swim, and I think I've missed my long swims for the past two weeks so I really need to make sure I get this one done. I'll probably go in early so I don't talk myself out of it after dropping Mindy off. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by how much effort goes into training for Ironman. I consider myself really ambitious when I walk to the mailbox and back, so I'm doubly impressed by what you're doing.

    And, am I stupid? I can't figure out how to use the donation page? How sad is that? Can you tell me what I'm supposed to do, and explain it to me like I'm 5. Pretend like I'm one of your kids or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angie! Walking to the mailbox and back is something I have a hard time doing sometimes. Unless I think there should be Netflix in there, then it's a lot easier. :)

    You are not stupid at all! I'm sorry that the donation page is confusing, I didn't even think about that. There's a button towards the top that says "Sponsor now!" that you click on. It's kind of weird wording because I don't think of it as you "sponsoring me" but I guess it is. I don't know.

    Anyway, click that link, then you put in your name, town and a message if you want to (This will show up on my page, so whatever you want people to see), then you click "add details."

    This will update the info in the little chart below, and a new button will appear that says"next" so click that.

    Now you can choose how much you want to donate, and what currency it is in. Put your name and email address (twice) and click "next."

    It will take you to a page where you make sure all your info is correct (make sure you check the box saying it is, then you click on "donate via world pay."

    Next it will take you to a page where you choose what kind of credit card you want to use, click on that, then you can put in your cc info and click on "make payment."

    That should do it. I hope that helps and doesn't make it more confusing! Thank you so much in advance for helping me out with this little fund-raising program I'm doing! I think it would be so awesome to actually make a difference while doing this race. That way I don't feel so selfish about it either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also, if you'd rather not use your credit card online, once you click "sponsor now" there is a little section to the left that says "Other ways of donating" where you can click on how you want to send your donation in. My grandma sent a check in the mail, and it worked out just fine. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Colleen. I'll go over to that site and donate later today.

    ReplyDelete