Sunday, March 8, 2009

15 Weeks to Ironman

I'd like to welcome my new followers (or readers, depending on what you're using), I'm so excited that you are here to take this Journey to Ironman with me! I will take any support I can get. :) I'll do my best to keep my posts interesting and informative, I just hope I don't ramble to much for you.

I want to thank Heather W. and my Grandma for donating to Against Malaria this week! You guys are awesome! We have now raised $65! My goal is to be able to buy 140.6 nets - since that is the distance I'll be doing in the Ironman. Wouldn't that be cool? According to their numbers, that would save the lives of 7 children! To buy 140.6 nets, we need to raise $703, so I really need your help. Please take a minute to look at their website and tell your friends and family about it, or even post something on your blog. That would be awesome!

Being able to come here and write about my workouts every day has been a really nice outlet for all the thoughts and feelings I have during training. I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night with all these thoughts running through my head. This blog is like the container for my thoughts that allows me to clear them out of my head each night. I'd hate to just discard these thoughts because they're not exactly garbage. (This reminds me of Peter Pan when the mother cleans out the children's minds like she's cleaning out a closet. I always loved that!)

I don't have much to report today since it was a rest day. I was going to start rating my eating every day, but I always forget to do that. This week, every day has been about a 7. Yesterday was probably a 5 because we had pancakes and sausage for breakfast, then went to our ward party in the evening and there were so many deserts to choose from. How could I just pick one?  Today was better, though, maybe an 8. I will try to be better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment