Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Drinking and Riding

I got sunburnt today! Just a little bit. It was such a beautiful day and we had play group/preschool outside at one of the Mom's houses. I did remember to put sunscreen on before my ride, though, or I would have been really burnt. 

My plan for the day:
B: 90minutes, big and small ring. Find some hills to play on...
This lovely valley doesn't really have many "rolling hills" to "play" on. It seems to be either basically flat, or going up the mountain, and I didn't want to take the bike trailer up the mountain! I just headed up the bike path to Bountiful. It was pretty good for fun hills, I guess. Nothing too hard, but still challenging - especially challenging with the bike trailer. Luckily I dropped Ethan off at school on my way out so it was just Elle, sleeping peacefully, all slumped over in her seat. Funny girl. She slept for about half an hour, which was about how long it took to get to the end of the bike path. 

It's a lot harder going up that hill with that bike trailer, and I tried to push it really  hard today. I kept my heart-rate at around 150 (It stayed in the 130s a lot on Saturday). Pete says that's what I need to do to get my speed up on my long rides. I just need to get used to going fast on the road, and stop being such a chicken! Being careful is good, but I think I'm a little too careful. I don't need to slow down half a block away from every corner or stop sign. 

We got back to town with a half an hour to go, so I headed over to the river where the ducks tend to congregate. When we got there, I told her to put her boots back on and watch where she stepped, but then we didn't have her other boot! Somehow, even with the little plastic door snapped very tightly shut, she still managed to loose a boot. No worries, though, we just got back in and retraced our steps (uh, pedal strokes...). It turned out to be just around the corner so we got it and went back to the ducks. It was actually better this way because when we got back, a bunch of little kids were there feeding them Chereios so that was really fun for Elle. 

Last week, when I bought my new tri shorts, I was telling Pete about how Chrissy Wellington wore them, and he couldn't quite picture what she looked like so we got on google images and looked her up. Then he looked up the girl that he had thought I was talking about to show me how buff she is. Here name is Desiree Ficker and look at how she's just drinking while in her areo bars! I thought, "I can't imagine ever getting to the point where I will feel comfortable enough to do that."

Image from Bicycle Newswire

Then today, while I was riding home, I was just cruising along in my areo bars, and my timer beeped for me to take a drink so I grabbed the water bottle and started drinking before I even realized that I was still in my aero bars! I felt totally fine with it too! I don't mean to brag, but this blog is all about  milestones, and drinking in the areo bars is a pretty big milestone don't you think?!

Note: I am not endorsing drinking alcohol in this title. I've never had a drink in my life and don't plan to, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment