Friday, March 20, 2009

Apple Butter

This morning I woke up at 4:45 and almost went back to sleep because I really felt like that cold that's been floating around here had finally caught up with me. I thought, "How much will it hurt to skip one workout this week?"

Then I thought about how I would have to get on here and tell you all that I was slacking off again, and I didn't want to do that. I also wanted to make sure I got to the gym to put flyers out. Pete made me some awesome flyers last night. I figured that since the State Swim Meet was going on at the gym, and there would be a lot of extra people there, now would be a good time to try to get the word out about raising money for Against Malaria. I even thought, "I'll at least go take these flyers in, if I don't feel like swimming, I won't." Of course, by the time I got there I figured I might as well get in the pool.

The pool was extra cold because of the swim meet (for some reason, a colder pool makes you swim faster?). I hate being cold, but once I got in and swam a few laps, it was fine. It even felt really good when I was ready to cool down!

Here's my plan for the day:
S: race-specific
wu: 2 x 150, last 50 in each is backstroke.
main: 4 x 500, 1 is RPE 3, 2 and 3 are RPE4, 4 is RPE 5
cd: 150 easy
While I was swimming I started counting laps with letters again, and for my first 500, I was thinking up only food words, and most of those words were not very healthy. I've been really missing my deserts lately. I've been so good for the past...3 days! 

For my next two 500s, I played that little game where you try to make up a story and each word has to be the next word in the alphabet. Here's my favorite one:
Apple Butter Can Do Everything. Freddy Guesses He Is Jealous. 
That dang Apple Butter, always thinking it's better than everyone else!  Poor Freddy.

I didn't time my first 500, but my second 500 was around 10:15, and the 3rd 500 was around 10:30! That was just pathetic, so for my last 500 I stopped playing games and just focused on swimming as fast as I could. Well, as fast as I thought I could go for 10 laps anyway. I worked hard and got in at 9:48! 

I left the pool feeling great and very glad that I went. I really hope at least a few people pick up my flyers too. If you're here because of the flyer, please let me know! :)

It was another beautiful day today, the kids are actually playing in the sprinklers out back! I made bread, and right now I'm baking brownies. It is the weekend, I can have a little break right? Yum, brownies....

No comments:

Post a Comment