Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Train Adventure

I didn't do a workout today. I couldn't fit it into my day, and thought I would just do it after I got the kids in bed. I just hate working out at night, though, and couldn't get myself to do it. I was supposed to do a long swim (2500 meters) and a very easy run. I figure I'm doing well enough on my swimming that I could skip one workout. Swimming is the only part that I could probably do the whole distance now. Elle's awake and throwing a fit right now, so it's probably good that I'm here.

What I did do today was take the kids to the big library downtown. We parked at Pete's work since he has a parking pass, and took Trax to the library. The kids have been wanting to ride on the train so I thought this would be fun for them. It was fun, and we got to take our time at the library. We read some books and they picked out a bunch to checkout. Then it started getting towards dinner time so we headed out to catch the train back to our car. We got on the first train going the direction we needed to go because it was my belief that all the trains going that way would go by our stop. 

Well, we rode it for a while, and I wasn't really paying attention because the kids all insisted on standing on the little round sectional part in-between the cars and I was watching them. Then I was telling Mindy what our stop would be called and to listen for it when a guy nearby overheard us and said, "Actually, this train's going to Sandy."

"Oh, crap. Ok, we're getting off at the next stop." I was so glad I had said something, otherwise we could have been riding that train for half an hour before we realized we were going the wrong way. Apparently, the train took a left instead of a right and I hadn't noticed. I didn't think their were any trains that did this. Even, when I got home and told Pete about it, he didn't believe it and had to look the rout up to show me this wasn't possible. But it did happen, and we had to sit and wait for a while for the next train going the right way. I was getting a little stressed, but I tried not to make too much of a deal of it. I mean, we were riding on the train for fun, we just got to ride it a little longer than planned. I think the kids all had a good time even though we were very hungry when we finally got home. It was nice that we had a bunch of left-overs to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment