Sunday, April 19, 2009

9 Weeks to Ironman

First of all I want to thank those of you who donated to Against Malaria recently! Thank you so much! Every little bit helps get us closer to our goal of 140.3 nets. So far we've got 15 nets. Actually 18, if you count the check from my grandma that is in the mail. Thank you, Grandma and Anonymous, whoever you may be (I have a guess, but I won't say who). I can't say thank you enough. If you haven't had the chance to donate, go a head and do it now. Even if it's just enough for one net ($5). 

I've had the opportunity to edit some video of one of their drop-off sites in India, and it's really cool to see the actual people who are getting these nets. If you go to my Against Malaria page and click on the little flag to the far right of your name, you can see where you donation went. There are no videos or anything for the ones we've done yet (that's what I'm trying to help them out with), but here are some of their videos if you want to just see some of the people who have received nets. It's pretty cool to see.

Secondly, Holy Cow! 9 weeks sounds so scary. That's still more than 2 months, though. I can get a lot done in 2 months. It's going to be fine. This week is supposed to be a rest week, but I was supposed to do a 4 hour ride today so I'm doing that tomorrow and shifting everything down a day. Here's what my plan says about this week:

Recovery week! This would be a good week to do an Olympic or 1/2IM race or run race if possible.

I'm not doing a race this week, so I'm thinking about switching this week with week 7, when I am doing a race. I don't know if I want to do that, though. Pete thinks I'm going to need this rest after such a hard biking week. Maybe I'll just switch the Saturday workouts. We'll see how I feel after tomorrow.

Today I feel a little bit sore, but more just fatigued. I realized today that we practically (minus 1 miles) did a half-Iron distance on our ride yesterday! That's exciting. I've never gone that far before!  I also realized today that my legs got sunburnt. It's a good and a bad thing that I was wearing my knickers. Good because the top of my legs would have probably been fried, and bad because now I have a tan line at the top of my calf. Everyone probably noticed it in church today, how embarrassing! Just kidding. I will have to remember my legs when I'm putting sunscreen on from now on. I also need to get a little travel-size sunscreen that I can bring with me and reapply during the ride because, even though I put spf 50 on my face before I left, my nose got a little sunburnt. I am a delicate flower, I can't be subjected to so many UV rays!

4 comments:

  1. WOw the countdown has begun!Its just a single digit now!!Way to go Colleen.

    Thats really good work you are doing for Anti-malaria awareness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chaitra. I'm excited!

    Unfortunately, my video is not on there yet. I'll post a link to it once I get it over to them and they put it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! interesting and informative :) keep tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deniel! Welcome to my blog.

    ReplyDelete