Friday, April 24, 2009

Non-Ironman Day

Today I spent pretty much the whole day out in the yard working on our garden. I was supposed to do an hour-long ride, but I decided to skip it. I'm going to be doing a 5-hour ride tomorrow that's not really on the schedule, so I figured it wouldn't hurt much. Plus, I just wanted to have one day where it didn't seem like every single thing I did had to do with Ironman training. That's not to say I didn't think about it a lot, or talk about it at the party we went to tonight, but at least I didn't DO anything Ironman today.

I got most of my garden planted, and discovered an old asphalt road that runs along the back of our yard - right where I wanted to put the mounds for my pumpkin, watermelon, squash and zucchini. I ended up using the dirt off the road to make my mounds, and I put them right on the edge of it, I hope that works. The good thing about it was that it was pretty easy to just scrape the weeds, along with the inch of dirt, off the asphalt. That's not to say it was an easy job. There were a lot of weeds. It took me most of the day, and I'm not done yet. But I did get almost all my plants in the ground before it started raining. It's supposed to rain for a week. I hope this is good for my little plants. 

Another fun thing that I got done today was the video I edited for Against Malaria. I sent it over, and they got it put up right away so you get to watch it. If you want. I know it's not super exciting, but it's kind of cool to see. They sent me the video and the music and I edited them together. I was so excited to be editing video that was taken in India! Here it is. (Oh, and you just have to click on the little link on the bottom left-hand side of the page that looks like a movie reel where it says "See the video.")

No comments:

Post a Comment