Thursday, April 16, 2009

Renovations

Today was a day off for me and the kids are still out of school (Thank goodness since we found lice on Mindy last night, eww!) so Pete decided to take the day off so we could do something fun. He went for a ride this morning which was cold, but I'm glad he was able to get out.

I spent a good part of last night and today mudding and sanding our downstairs bathroom. I've never done this before so I hope I'm not doing too terrible of a job. I must say that mudding is a perfectionists dream, or nightmare, I'm not sure which. I could sit there for hours just smoothing out the mud if my shoulders and back didn't get so sore. I'm excited to have it all fixed up and back in working order. We got the tube we needed to get the toilette working again, and I cleaned out all the debris that was in there. There is still a huge gaping hole where the shower should be, and it smells like a sewer if you unplug the drain, but we're not in a position to fix that yet. As long as we get it painted and get the toilette working, I'll be happy. For now.

As far as doing something fun, we took the kids to the pool which is always fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment