Friday, April 3, 2009

Blue Water

Today was actually scheduled as a day off, but Sunday had a long swim scheduled, so I switched them.
S: long day, shorten the reps on the main set if you need to...
wu: 4 x 75, last 25 in each is backstroke.
main: 4 x 1000, each 1000 as (1 x 750, 5 x 50), rest 2:00 after each
cd: 2 x 50 easy (swim, kick, swim)
I did the first 1000 in 20:57, the second in 20:58, the third in 20:37 (I think I actually skipped a lap on this one. Oops.), and the last one in 21:32 (or something like that). I did my 2 minute rests between each set, and took a drink from my water bottle each rest. It was kind of weird having the feeling of water in my throat while I was swimming, but not be the burning chlorine water. It was good. 

It wasn't really a hard swim, just long. I was in the pool for about an hour and 45 minutes total. The people in the lanes next to me changed a few times, the water aerobics class started and ended, and I just kept on swimming. It's like Dory says in Finding Nemo, all you have to do is, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." I kept thinking this. 

I tried to focus on gliding through the water instead of fighting it. The water is my friend, not my enemy. I would always feel a lot more comfortable when I did this, and it made it not feel too hard.

I also kept thinking about The Island of the Blue Dolphins and all the adventures the girl has. I shouldn't have said not to read that book. It's a really good book, I remember really liking it when I read it in the 5th grade, then I saw it in the library the other day and just had to pick it up. I finished it today, and I still really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment