Monday, April 27, 2009


This morning I got up at 6 and went running for 45 minutes. I tried to go at a little bit faster than usual pace. I got to the golf course in 21 minutes, so I think that was a little faster. I didn't want to waste time eating, then waiting around for it to digest before I went out, so I just took a shot of Hammer Gel before I left. After this weekend, I was a little worried it would just make me feel sick, but luckily it didn't. I actually felt really good on the run, other than being cold. It was weird because I was cold for the first 10 minutes or so, then I was fine for a while, but by the end I was cold again. I should have worn a jacket or, at least, gloves or something. My arms felt all stiff and my hands were getting numb. 

I stopped at the store on the way home to buy milk for breakfast. I had clipped a 20 onto my pants with my ipod shuffle so that came in handy even though it died on me half-way through the run.  I had planned on charging it yesterday, but when I went to wake my computer up, it was totally freaking out. Now we can't even get it to boot. What is it with me and my bad luck with computers lately? And my lack of backing stuff up. I almost lost all our pictures when my other computer died, and now this one (Well, not this one, I'm using Pete's right now) looks like it will be the same story. How sad will that be if I end up with no childhood pictures of my kids!? They're so cute too! Pete's going to try and fix it, or at least recover the data, so keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, when I got back from my run, I was going to just run Mindy to school then go swim, but I was starting to feel a little sick again. Plus I just could not get warm! I put a jacket on, stretched by the heat vent, and had some nice warm oatmeal, but I was still cold. I ended up taking Mindy to school, and deciding to forgo swimming for the day, and take a hot bath instead. I think it was good that I got the run in considering how sick I was on Saturday. Besides, I did still do something in the water. . . 

The hot bath warmed me up, but I don't think it was good for the sunburn. I think it encouraged more peeling, therefor exposing more sensitive, damaged skin and made it more sore. Whatever the reason, it has been hurting really bad today. I have been trying to avoid moving too much amid all the cleaning that needed to be done.

I was so so lucky to be able to take a nap for an hour an a half. I set my alarm for 10 minutes before I had to pick Ethan up, and usually that's fine because I'm usually not really alseep. Today, I know I slept because I had a dream about going to the ocean and seeing dolphins swimming really close. Ah, it was nice. I hit the snooze button once before I even realized what was going on. Then I had to jump up and hurry over to get him when it went off again. Luckily, Elle was still sleeping and Pete was working from home so I could just leave her. She had a nice long nap too. It was nice.

Ha, now I'm finally looking at my training plan and this is what I was supposed to do today:
Your legs are probably a bit stiff from yesterday's hard run effort. A bit of
flushing today…
B: 45 minutes spinning at RPE 3.

S: long day
wu: 500 continuous, then 5 x 50
main: 1 x 1500, RPE 3
cd: 3 x 75, each slower than last
Looks like I didn't really get any of it right. See what happens when I don't have my computer handy? Tomorrow is going to be a hard one, I should get to bed so I have no excuses not to do it.


  1. Hi Colleen, i hope you get your computers sorted out, I have a love/extreme dislike with the things. You poor things all getting sick on top of your sunburn. Sorry to be so lame about commenting, sometimes all i have time for is reading and no replys!
    get well!
    ♥ lori

  2. Oh, thank you Lori! It's so good to hear from you. I was beginning to think I was just talking to myself on here! :) I always LOVE to get comments, but I totally understand if you don't have time. I know how that is, I do it too. I'm feeling much better, and the sunburn actually looks like it's healing today! Wahoo!